How Long Have We Been Married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

How Old is Ariana?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Over A Month

Well, seeing that it has been over a month now that we last blogged. I decided that it would be good to give a little update. Sorry, no pictures this time.... it takes forever for them to download!

So a little update on what's going on.

Jordan is now majoring in Music with a minor in Anthropology. He plans on furthering his education in Ethnomusicology, which I am very excited about. He loves different types of musical instruments and now he will have the opportunity to study them and the people that play them. He is practicing 12 hours a week so that keeps him pretty busy. Our home is always filled with saxophone, piano, flute, clarinet, guitar, conga, and other great music. Jordan's favorite class right now is his gamelan class where he is learning music from Bali (google gamelan and you'll see what I'm taking about). He still works at the Library in the Special Collections area, this will now be his 2nd year there!

I am still majoring in Wildlife and Wildlands Conservation, hopefully graduating at the end of Fall 2009 with my favorite class being Techniques of Wildlife Investigations and Management. This class we are learning how to measure wildlife populations as well as go out in the field and learn some hands-on techniques like radio telemetry and electro shocking fish in the water. I am still working with my professor Tom Smith on researching bear attacks in Alaska and hoping I will be able to co-author with one of the studies we are working on. I am also Treasurer in the Wildlife and Range Club. The club does tons of activities from little hikes and camping trips to getting to know the professionals and peers in our field. It is a lot of fun, but definetly takes up quite a bit of time.

We are currently living in Jordan's Nana's basement apartment which has been wonderful. It's a beautiful apartment and it has been great getting to know Nana even better. She has been painting too, and it's so fun to see her beautiful works. We are just getting used to our new ward which is a BYU married ward, but we have already made some good friends, Shiloh and Danica Flake. They are lots of fun and we have had great times playing games with them.

So far this school year has been pretty fun with a little bit of a rough start getting all our times organized, but I'm glad we only have to get up at 7:00 am twice a week instead of everyday like we were trying. Jordan and I are not morning people . . . yet. Hope everyone is doing well, we love you all.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay!!! Finally an update! It's great to hear that this semester is going well. I'm really glad you guys are visiting Nana and getting to know her - she is so awesome and VERY helpful when you need random things for school projects. (I once asked her for help collecting random items for my students to make space colonies with - she produced an entire shopping bag FULL of plastic bottle caps! Why did she save them? No one knows. But they sure did come in handy for me!) When it gets too cold for you in Utah, take a trip down to Tucson to see us! It's a 12-hour drive, but it takes you right through places like the grand canyon and the Navajo reservation - great for wildlife lovers!! (Jordan can also use it as an excuse to study Mariachi music, hee hee!)

dennisandsong said...

Finally!! I am glad you are happy and doing well. Can't wait to see you this week end!!

Lauren said...

Kay, it's been over a month again! Time for me to bug you!!

Lauren said...

Ummmm...should I delete your blog from my bookmarks?