How Long Have We Been Married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

How Old is Ariana?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Amish Country






So Jordan and I went on a trip through Amish country a month ago. It was a lot of fun! First we went to this pretzel store that we were told about which was very good, mmmm, I love soft pretzels. Then we went to a cheese factory called Deutsch Kase Haus and let me tell you, we were able to eat samples of some of the best cheeses and we even brought some home. Then we went to Middleburry, IN and on the way we saw this sign that said "popcorn plant for sale" and we hurried and turned back so that we could get a picture because it's not every day you see a popcorn plant for sale, hahaha. In Middle burry, we went and played miniature golf and as you can see my pool skills came into play when my ball got stuck in the windmill. In the end we were able to end the day with a wonderful Amish meal called The Manhattan that had slow cooked roast beef between two pieces of bread with mashed potatoes on top and TONS of gravy, it was so simple but it was soooo tasty. I think I will have to try to make it one of these days. By the way, yes we saw lots of Amish and Mennonites, but they prefer we don't take pictures of them.

No comments: